The figures of this year’s "Black Friday" in Africa are unprecedented. Jumia recorded a total of 5.3 million visits on all its platforms across Africa, for more than 235,000 orders. In Côte d’Ivoire, the largest online shopping mall has also exceeded its own forecasts with the “Mad Friday”. More than 120,000 people visited the e-tailer out of which, around 36,000 used a smartphone (mobile application and browsers combined). In just 24 hours, Jumia sold more than 15,000 products.
"This day epitomizes the positive dynamics and the huge potential for e-commerce in Côte d’Ivoire. It shows that there is a very strong demand among consumers, for a wide range of authentic products, low prices and easy delivery." said Francis Dufay, Managing Director of Jumia Côte d’Ivoire." With the Mad Friday, our team has shown it can organize an event of national and even continental scale. Thousands of customers have tried the e-commerce for the first time, which itself, is a great pride for us, and we will prove that they can trust us! "
Key highlights from Jumia "Mad Friday" 2015
- An order record surpassed four times: over 10,000 orders received and 15 000 products sold in 24 hours.
- A traffic multiplied by 5 with over 120 000 visits; 30% via mobile.
- 50 Infinix Hot 2 Smartphones sold in 10 seconds.
- An entire category sold-out: 1400 blenders were bought.
- Over 2,000 mobile phones sold.
- 2500 telephone calls and about 1000 emails answered and processed in 24 hours are the new milestones achieved by the customer service.