Lenovo does not have a name or price for this device yet but all we know is that it will arrive in 2020.
According to the company, “In the past, a 13.3-inch screen on a laptop demanded that the device stay at that same size footprint —not so with this single OLED 2K display made in collaboration with LG Display that can fold in half and reduce its width by 50 percent.”
Intel-powered with Windows, the foldable ThinkPad can transition with users from day to night:
- Wake up, fold it into a book, and start the day scanning your social media feeds in bed.
- Walk to your kitchen, unfold it, and stand it up for hands-free viewing of your top news sites.
- Hit your commute on the bus or train and morph it into a clamshell to catch up on emails.
- Get into the office, dock it into your multi-monitor setup and get to work.
- Go into meetings, take notes with its pen, and write on a full screen tablet.
- After lunch, set up the stand and use its mechanical keyboard to type out a few work emails.
- Come home at night, open it up and stream your favorite shows.
- Relax in bed, fold it in half and enjoy your latest read before going to sleep.
- This space-saving ThinkPad combines laptop productivity with smartphone portability to fold into your lifestyle like never before.
Though we don’t know much about the specs, here are some possible details:
- Intel processor (unspecified)
- 3-inch OLED display (2K resolution) made by LG Display when open
- Dual 9.6-inch screens when folded up
- “All day battery” (unspecified hours)
- 2x USB C ports
- IR camera
- We will have to wait till 2020 for the full product details and availability.
Samsung recently showcased its foldable tablet recently as well but the device is yet to be officially launch as well.
It appears 2020 is a year of foldable devices.