"Announcing market leadership is an important milestone as we continue to accelerate our BCW integration in Europe and Africa," says Scott Wilson, president: E&A, BCW.
"We have a hugely impressive line-up in place, drawn from some of the best talent from both legacy agencies. I am confident [in the fact that] we are well placed, and on track, to deliver on our ambitions," adds Wilson.
"Our plans for our teams to work together in the same office location are well advanced, and we are already reaping the benefits of pooling our resources to provide even greater value to our clients, and to our teams," Wilson says.
Market leaders will report to Wilson, and include:
- Africa: Robyn de Villiers becomes market leader: Africa, BCW. De Villiers previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller
- Belgium (Brussels): Karen Massin becomes market leader, Brussels, BCW. Massin previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller.
- Finland (Helsinki): Clarisse Berggårdh becomes market leader, Finland, BCW. Berggårdh previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller.
- France (Paris): Philippe Pailliart becomes market leader, France, BCW. Pailliart previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller.
- Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich): Wolfgang Lünenbürger-Reidenbach becomes market leader, Germany, BCW. He was previously managing director for C&W, Germany.
- Italy (Milan, Rome): Fabio Caporizzi and Elena Silva become co-market leaders of Italy, BCW. Caporizzi previously led the Italy market for Burson-Marsteller while Silva was managing director, C&W Italy.
- Norway (Oslo): Bente Engesland becomes market leader, Norway, BCW. Engesland previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller.
- Spain (Madrid, Barcelona): Carmen Valera becomes market leader, Spain, BCW. Valera previously led the market for Burson-Marsteller.
- Sweden (Stockholm): Marta Karlqvist becomes market leader, Sweden, BCW. Karlqvist was previously managing director, C&W Sweden.
- Turkey (Istanbul): Gonca Karakas becomes market leader, Turkey, BCW. Karakas previously led the market for effect at Burson-Marsteller.
- United Kingdom (London): Rebecca Grant becomes market leader, United Kindom, BCW. Grant was previously managing director, C&W: UK.
- BCW Sport (Lausanne): Lars Haue-Pedersen becomes market leader for BCW Sport. Pedersen previous led B-M Sport for Burson-Marsteller.
Leadership announcements for other E&A markets will be announced in due course.
"BCW Africa is one of the jewels in the regions of Europe and Africa, and in Robyn de Villiers, we have a hugely talented and experienced leader. I had the pleasure of working with Robyn ahead of the BCW merger, so have first-hand experience of the capabilities of Robyn and her team," says Wilson.
"Looking forward, our strength across Africa means we are able to extend the depth and breadth of talents and capabilities we are able to offer our clients," adds Wilson.
"The successful track records and proven expertise of BCW’s leadership team in the regions of Europe and Africa will propel us towards our goal of becoming the pre-eminent integrated communications agency in the world," says Donna Imperato, global CEO, BCW.
Wilson adds, "Since our merger was announced, I have had the opportunity to see at first hand the depth and breadth of talents at our disposal here in Europe and Africa. Having been with Cohn & Wolfe since 2010, the capabilities of the C&W network were obviously well known to me."
Wilson add that "the level of interest and excitement in the new BCW has been incredible; clients and prospects across the region have been so positive that we are facing a significant uptick in new business and client referrals. As we look to accelerate our integration in the second half of this year, the future for BCW in Europe and Africa looks incredibly bright."
BrandArena also learnt that the leadership shakeup will still continue to Q4 and other affiliate of BCW are to also adopt the new merger brand.