CcHUB is an innovation centre dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity.
For 7 years, CcHUB has supported the growth of a community that is passionate about using technology to solve local problems and transform Nigeria. One of the ways they have done this is through their incubation program. CcHUB provides startups with the resources and support they need to grow their businesses into sustainable companies that employ people and solve local problems.
Interestingly, to date, over fifty (50) ideas have enjoyed support at various levels through CcHUB’s incubation program, some of which include Lifebank, BudgIT, WeCyclers, Truppr, Mamalette, Stutern and Genii games.
In the quest to continue to provide the right support, they have identified areas of improvement through feedback from current and past incubatees as well as the larger community, and revamped the incubation program to produce better outcomes.
The new incubation program will now run for a fixed duration of 12 months, as opposed to 18+ months. A new program plan has been designed to be more intentional about the support they give to startups with a core focus on enabling startups to gain more traction and access funding post-incubation.
- Funding of up to $25,000 to run your operations during the program. In addition, startups will get direct access to possible follow-on capital between $100,000 – $250,000 from the Growth Capital fund by CcHUB.
- Office space for up to 6 team members, high speed internet, meeting rooms & more.
- Hands-on support: Business strategy, financial management, recruitment, product development (advisory)
- Access to experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts via mentorship.
- Access to our network of corporate partners.
- Access to investors for funding post-incubation.
- $15,000 Amazon Web Services Promotional credit and more products from partners
To be eligible to attend the program, startups must meet the following criteria:
- Have a revenue model and be generating revenue.
- Have a functional product (web or mobile).
- Have gained Users/customers.
- Been in operations (since launch date) for at least 6 months.
- Have a management team consisting of up to 3 members which includes a technical lead and founder(s) that are fully committed to the business.
- Have the potential to scale.
- Although the deadline for submission is March 16, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all spaces are filled so startups are advised to apply early.
The program is open to startup teams from anywhere in the world that are looking to grow their businesses in Africa, particularly Nigeria.
It is important to note that startups will have to work from CcHUB’s incubation space in Lagos, Nigeria for the duration of the program.
For start-ups in their idea phase, the pre-incubation program would be a perfect fit and applications will open in March this year (More information to follow soon)
You can find more information and apply here.