Did you know, that as of this month, there are over 150 million public blogs in existence? And with that type of competition growing everyday, is the effort worth the prize? What makes a blog a rewarding a home run? and are you still wondering how to attract more visitors to your blog?
I did some research regarding this matter and there’s a lot of opinion on the subject. Some say sell advertising, some say to blog every day, some say to not write more than 200 words so the audience doesn’t get bored, others suggest tightly niche your content and others say wake up the dead with extreme controversy.
I do agree with them all, most importantly I believe that businesses need to write stuff that people actually want to read!
Before you start writing, ask yourself who the target audience is and what the do they really care about. Also ask your self these questions:
1. Why do you write your blog? To make money, to serve as marketing tool?
2. Have you clearly identified 3 other highly read blogs in your topic?
3. Do you subscribe to the feeds of your industry’s major players?
4. How is traffic being driven to their site? This takes some digging, but it’s important.
5. Does your niche topic have a big enough audience to tap?
6. Do you usually invite your readers to connect with you on Twetter, StumbleUpon and Facebook?
7. Does your content provide pragmatic advice? Is the writing original and thought provoking, Is it entertaining, or is it just sucking up your time and you should be doing something else?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, stop writing, talk a walk, read a book and start again.
Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder... Best of luck!